Saturday, October 07, 2006

Antisocial Personality Disorder

Also known as psychopathy. It is important to rename diseases every now and then in psychology, because they become epithets as fast as can be. I don't think APD is a slur yet, but give it a few years. I am distressed to see that, unlike every other problem that people might have, APD does not have thousands of internet support groups.

Accoring to this, "Care must be utilized by group leaders to ensure the group doesn't become a "How-to" course in criminal behavior." When you come to think of it, most supervillian organizations like SPECTRE, or those Batman partnerships, probably got started in mis-run APD support groups.

There is this one windblown outpost, but it is not attracting a lot of buzz. I don't want you to think I am making fun of people with mental problems, but at least in the case of APD, they'd do it to me if they got the chance. Anyway, I'm not sure it bothers them.

P.S. There is a link at the bottom, to an advertiser: "Aphrodite's Love Poetry." Aphrodite? You're wasting your money.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who decided that this was an illness?


Also, the string I have to type below to verify that I'm not a robot is "elliped." It's a pretty good string.

12:55 PM  
Blogger apk01004 said...

I don't know. I think it's always been considered an illness. It's bad for the people who have it, and they're easily identifiable. I think that's all you need to be an illness.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home