Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Was An NPC for Capitalism

While it's gratifying to see an Associated Press story about politics use the word livid, and the ominous phrase "talking tougher by the hour," I actually have a lot of sympathy with the AIG executives. Remember when you used to play roleplaying games on the computer, and a bug in the code allowed you to sell the same item to a shopkeeper over and over again, pocketing 100 gold each time and effectively giving you an infinite money supply for the rest of the game?

I don't know about you, but I piled up the gold as fast as I could, even switching to my left hand when my right hand got sore clicking through the dialog boxes. I didn't care if I robbed the whole fantasy world blind; I was just happy to beat the system. I know exactly how these investment bankers must feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home