Monday, May 22, 2006

Cola websites

I am not a good web designer. And even if I were, I would not make me a popular web designer. Why? Now I know why I cannot make a webpage. There is something about cola that impairs the internet-aesthetic sense.

Coca-Cola
Pepsi-Cola
R. C. Cola

Solomon never had to decide anything so hard as which of these websites was the worst. R. C. Cola definitely gets credit for having their website in Hebrew. I can't seem to find a Roman alphabet version.

Did you know that categories like "music" and "sports" are legitimate categories of a cola website? How many people who are not working at Coca-Cola Co. have a Coca-Cola screensaver? At least on the "games" page they level with you: "Nobody likes to drink a Coca-Cola with too much ice." Amen.

Pepsi's website has a "games" section too. You can take the Personality Challenge. Be careful! It may just be a ruse to get you to buy Pepsi. Also you can watch Pepsi's Flash animation cartoon. It may make you sad that people are devoting their careers to making this stuff, but bear in mind that they are not working very hard. I like to think of the people at Pepsico checking the Coke website obsessively, worried that there might be an e-card gap.

The really awful part is that I am probably the first person who does not work for a soda company ever to see these sites. Why would you go to a cola website? They don't have any useful information and they don't let you order cola over the internet. I'm voting Communist in the next election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home