Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Coordinated Houseplant Strategy

One of the onions was all sprouty, and a houseplant had died, so I uprooted the houseplant and replaced it with the sprouty onion. Doing any one of those actions alone wouldn't have made me feel very good, but I did all three at once and now I am walking on air.

Question: What happens if you plant an onion? Onions for eating are grown from seed, I know. If you plant a sprouted onion, I guess it will grow up into an onion plant? And then set seeds? Will the bulb ever be edible again? I doubt it. I do not like perennial bulbs. Either be a big old tree, or just set seed and die in the winter. Don't try to have it both ways.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless you count feeling good or walking on air, it seems to me like you've only performed two actions. What was the third?

8:11 PM  
Blogger apk01004 said...

The three actions were discarding a dead geranium (or something), getting rid of an inedible onion, and acquiring a houseplant.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home