Monday, September 04, 2006

Listen Up, Internet!

What is with the dearth of internet content on the weekends? Now you know me. I'm a little recluse who gets all his fun on the internet and would probably hang himself if society jumped back fifteen years. (What would be left for me? Flowers and Mario Cuomo I guess.)

The way I see it, there are two kinds of internet people. There are the people who provide internet content for a living, and there are people who provide internet content for fun. If you are putting things on the internet in your leisure time, what time is more leisurely than the weekends? Surely you aren't spending all of it with your friends watching baseball games or whatever it is you people do in your spare time. Why not fit some prose into the gaps between the social events I imagine you are jetting off to? You can find time to interest me during your day-job; why can't you find the time during the vast expanse of weekend?

If you make internet content for a living, on the other hand, well, it's even simpler. Our weekend is arbitrary. You can take any two days off that you want, if all you do is type letters into a computer terminal for a living. There is a strong economic advantage to be gained by working through Sat. and Sun. and taking Tue. and Wed. off. So do it. Jesus. I'm bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home