Friday, February 02, 2007

I Have No Class

Now that Molly Ivins is dead, the world is a little less overrated. This is a person whose greatest contribution to political thought was to call George Bush "Shrub". That's not even a pun. That's, like, a half-pun. Where is the market for this stuff? Will Rodgers did it, and now we've got Jim Hightower and Garrison Keillor (when he is not engaged in his culte de moi on A Prarie Home Companion) sometimes gets into it. Ann Richards took it to the governor's mansion, so it must have some selling power.

But really, who wants to hear some folksy guy's politics? If I want to hear someone from Texas -- and I don't -- I'd rather hear about cleaning guns or eating dirt or something. Whatever it is Texas does especially well. I do not want to hear about your legendary dislike of George Bush, colored by your colorful local color. A lot of people are liberal. One of them is me. I get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home