Tuesday, May 16, 2006

In which I have trouble

Other people clearly do not have the same priorities as me. How else can you explain the fact that every bathroom in the world has a window in it? It's not like I am going to choose the bathroom window to look out of if I feel claustrophobic. I will look off the balcony or actually go outside. I am not helpless. I do not need windows everywhere.

Windows in the bathroom are a hideous blight. The bathroom should be the one place where it is possible to be completely dark. If there are windows, even at night, even during a new moon, then the ambient light gets in while I am trying to take a bath. The starlight and street lamps and car headlights and such. I hate them.

Is it so much to ask to take a bath in the pitch darkness? No it is not. In fact there is not anything better than taking a bath or shower-bath in total darkness. But I am thwarted by bad thoughtless architects who think that people would live in glass cages if they could afford it. Probably most of them would too. Other people do not want the right things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home