Monday, August 07, 2006

Kitty Hawk

Big breakthrough today. You know how the Wright Brothers were bicycle mechanics from Dayton? Sure you do, it's not like Ohio licence plates don't have "Birthplace of Aviation" on them like being the home of Wilbur Wright was the best thing the sixth most populous state ever did. If I were them I would mention something about my nice shape. Anyhow.

I bet you wonder why, if the Wright Brothers lived in Dayton, the first powered flight happened in North Carolina, right? Now I know why. It's because the wind at the Outer Banks is so strong. They were hoping that they could get an extra boost to their airplane from the onshore wind. That is, they were hoping they could get their airplane off the ground as a kite.

There is an ugly word for this, my friends, and that word is "cheating". The Wright Brothers need to be stripped of their record. It should be given to someone who actually first achieved real powered flight. I wonder who that was. Probably the Wright Brothers. But the date of the record should definitely be changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home