Saturday, September 16, 2006

Soviet Communism Is Dead

But its spirit lives on in these Norilsk Nickel company posters. I don't know what they say. I don't know if they are pro-Communist or what. At least one seems to be from World War Two. All I know is how badly I want one.



I highly recommend reading Norilsk Nickel Magazine. It offers a glimpse into life in the world's most excruciating place, the northernmost city its size in the world. All in translated English that is charming and goofy. There are the usual pathetic photos of Russians trying to cope (studies show that Russians spend up to 80 percent of their time making the best of a bad situation). An unfortunately small amount of it is in English, but come on. You are getting parts of a magazine for Norilsk, Russia in English, for free. Count your blessings. It could be worse. You could *live* there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home