Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Rapping Rep

House of Representatives member Major R. Owens "writes rap lyrics that explore the most important issues of the day." They are really awesome. Major Owens, if I were Speaker, I would nominate you to be chairman of House subcommittee on raps. How can West Coast congressmen compete with:
...Fight eminent domain
Unjust strain
A civic stain
Eminent domain is
Democracy slain!
They clearly can't. Congressman Owens is out there living the raw, rough life of a House member, and writing raps that can only come from the heart. "I would like to ask my good friend, the honorable representative Charles Rangel, to beatbox for me." This is a case where there are lots of different things you can say to make fun of Congressman Owens, but I sincerely think it's sweet. Good for you, Congressman Owens. It's good to have hobbies. Keep on rapping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home