Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Forgot

I'm back and boy was it a good time. I can see you all now, jealous. Anyway. I had lots of important ideas but no notebook. It's probably just as well because if I had a notebook I would have to have a pen and the pen would leak all over my pocket (I never take the pens out of my pocket when I wash them). So I forgot all the ideas I had. Well I am sure they will come back to me and then you will be the beneficiaries of them aren't you lucky.

I do remember that I watched a television show about an MIT psychologist who was classifying people into categories based on how evil their murders were (the people were murderers). There were 22 categories. The show was very lurid. I don't think they got deeply enough into the psychologist's methods. They seemed pretty ad hoc. Mostly just going to jails and reading transcripts of trials. Apparently not saying you're sorry is good for 5 or so ticks up the evil scale. There was no word on what moral philosophy the psychologist subscribed to. He did not attempt to classify either George Bush or Osama bin Laden (or Hitler!), and neither did the narrator. Conclusion: exploitative, but not exploitative enough. Also: There were a lot of pesticide ads on during the program. I was a little creeped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home