Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I've Created a New Scale That Shows Diseases I'd Rather Have Than Watch This Movie

You will be happy to know that someone finally asked Man to rank his diseases. Which diseases are Hot and which are Not? Let's find out. (I can't find a copy of this study, which seems more complete, but I'll work in what I know. So basically this list is my own compilation.)
18. Common cold
17. Mild vision problems
16. Breast cancer
15. Lower back pain
14. Diabetes
13. Severe asthma
12. Mild dementia
11. Colon cancer
10. HIV
9. Heart attack
8. Severe heart disease
7. Moderate stroke
6. Severe depression
5. Blindness
4. Paraplegia
3. Psychosis
2. Severe dementia, and the number one worst disease to have is ---

1. Quadriplegia
I think breast cancer scored surprisingly low on this list, and blindness surprisingly high. But I guess breast cancer is a "don't" these days, what with all the pink ribbons everywhere. It's practically a self-parody now. But not as bad as asthma? Not as bad as diabetes? You know what the problem here is, right? Misogyny. Disgusting. And among medical professionals too. Women's diseases are just as fashionable as men's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home