Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Actually Didn't Like That Story

Maybe you should read this website. It has a lot of ideas. About 5/6 of them are entertaining, and about 1/4 of them are good. I only have so many ways to recommend a website that I like, and I think I used them all up on the last entry. So. Endorsement.

Actually, the most interesting thing about this website is how closely it resembles in inverse curve. If you plotted the entries over time, they would fall approximately on the line y = c/{t - December 2, 2005}. I know most blog posting declines in this way, but I don't think I've ever seen somebody start out so prolific, and decline so far. Not that I blame him. How can anybody sustain that kind of pace for so many months in a row?

With any luck, his increasingly sluggish idea pace will mean that he never dies, but actually enters a "hibernation" state, producing only one idea a year, then every ten years, and so on. Presumably he will outlive the sun, and go on to discover a cure for heat death, like in that Asimov story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home