Thursday, October 19, 2006

Jaw Pain and Obession

I'm back from my little vacation. I saw lots of things, and for each of them I thought; that would be a good thing to have an opinion about. And I seem to recall that I did have a lot of opinions. But then, I also forgot them, so we are going to have to start this thing over from scratch, you and I.

First up on my now-blank slate is this anti-caffeine person. She has written a book, "in 123 chapters", and advertised it with an ultra-serif lime green font. Then she placed it on a dark green background (for extra science). We also learn that caffeine causes, "many symptoms, including, but not limited to fever, jaw pain, PMS, heart problems, and sleep problems [obvious]."

These are all good symptoms to have, if you have to have any, but later she steps up the rhetoric to,
"...anger, paranoia, delusions, spending sprees, drug use, odd behavior..." and peaks at, "... madness, mental illness, murder, obsession, suicide, and other negative situations that caffeine creates."

Then, just to prove she's not that much saner than we are, she gets all inquisitive:

Do you remember childhood? Can you recall swapping your bag of chips for Randy Murray's Hee-Haw chocolate cakes, or Susie Simon's chocolate bar? Did your first date buy you chocolate ice cream? What about Girl Scout cookie sales? How did you spend your paper route money? Do you drink coffee at breakfast? What about in traffic? Did someone give you psychiatric pills? What did you buy at the grocery store?
What, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home