Wednesday, October 25, 2006

MySpace

This is probably a good summary of most of the reasons I don't have an entry in MySpace. Also, most people use MySpace to play music at you, and I think there are enough places for me to hear music already.

I don't want to have a MySpace page of my own, but think of the possibilites. Ads for teenage movies all have their MySpace addresses in the bottom corner of the screen. Bands and cartoons have their own MySpace pages. This is all good, if you don't mind embarrassing yourself, but the concept could be taken so much further.

How about a set of pages for the primary colors? People could list their favorite color as one of their friends. You could have pages for the political issues of the day. If you're pro-Israel or anti-Zionist, just befriend the appropriate movement. I'm pretty sure that people have already set up pages for various fictional characters, but how about literary themes? Eros/thanatos is sure to get a lot of pals, and how about man versus self?

How about body parts? If you think your incisors are more useful than your molars, you had probably better let the world know. You can identify your favorite hand, and say whether you think the spleen is underappreciated. Chemical elements too. I'm sure most people's favorite element is carbon, but if you happen to like scandium, then scandium is just waiting, on MySpace, to be your friend.

Do deceased people get to have MySpace pages? I think that recently deceased people get to keep theirs, including that unfortunate boy who was took shots at gay people and the police and was gunned down, but what about long-dead people? I like Charlemagne, and I am pretty sure that Charlemagne would like me if he were alive (he would be impressed by my literacy) so why can't I have him as a friend? There are dead people all over the world, who would love to meet me, and I think that MySpace can make it happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home