Saturday, February 16, 2008

Iced Tea is Gross Anyway

In case you were wondering why things had been so much better these past few years, I discovered the reason. Nestea no longer runs those ads in which a snowman's skeleton drinks Nestea iced tea, and fleshes out to become a regular snowman. I can remember thinking those ads would never end, as they came out with a new variation on the theme every month.

Was the snowman supposed to be evil? He was sure portrayed that way, but at worst he was just a little grabby with the drinks. It just came off, every time, as bewildering, like Nestle was trying to drag that snowman through the mud. Evil is as evil does, and if Nestea is going to try to jerk my moral sense around like that, I'm not sure I want what they're selling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home