Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ice

Ice cubes aren't cubical. They're more of an ingot shape, and I don't know about the rest of you, but trapezoids are almost my least-favorite cross-section to be confronted with when I'm trying to party. Those ice cubes are just a few seconds of melting from being a heap, or pile of ice. Don't tell me you wouldn't go for a genuine ice cube, if there was one to go for.

I understand why ice cube trays are shaped more like ditches than anything; it's to help the ice slide out. Maybe that was the only way to dislodge ice in 1800, but it's important to remember that we live in a modern era. We have teflon and silicone and steel. If we don't want things to stick, we have options. And even if our ice trays were lined with flypaper, how hard would it be to get ice out of them? Wham them on the table, and I guarantee that ice will come loose. And then-- Real cubes of ice in your drinks. How stylish!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe companies make ice "cube" trays in all different shapes nowadays, BUT I bet none of them are actually cube shaped. My apologies on behalf of the ice shape tray industry.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home