Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blindfolds

I went to the drugstore yesterday to try to buy a blindfold (I think it's so interesting that drugstores are where you go if you need an miscellaneous item) and it turns out that they are all satin, with feminine colors and fancy embroidery. Who wants to be seen wearing one of those in bed? Not men. I don't know what to do to keep the sunlight out. I am not buying a blindfold from an S & M website.

You can add blindfolds to the stack of inexplicably gendered products. They join:
  • Candles
  • Yogurt -- especially probiotic yogurt
  • Curtains
  • Flowers
  • Cream Cheese
It just figures that these are all fairly useful products. As a man, am I not supposed to want them, or am I supposed to feel free-floating guilt every time I consume them? Why *aren't* there any men in the cream cheese commercials? Meanwhile, the products associated with the gender that stands while peeing include rocket ships, dinosaurs and KITT. I can't use those things. I don't want them. You women can have them, no questions asked, if you just let me have my blindfold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will totally trade you a blindfold for a dinosaur.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home