Monday, July 03, 2006

Checkers Strategy

Why do all the people I play checkers with on the internet make the same moves? They are all obsessed with getting men onto my side of the edges of the board. I have not yet been able to tell any benefit to these moves. Are all my checkers opponents cockroaches? Or is it just one opponent I keep getting over and over again (who happens to be a cockroach)?

Is there a way to learn to play board games well that doesn't involve numbers and letters? It seems like there should be a better way. It was just like this with the Rubik's Cube.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaylen said...

my aim is to get my checkers in corners. like little spiders.

4:39 PM  
Blogger apk01004 said...

Well of course. Your pieces start out in two corners, and if you get into the other two corners (particularly the far single corner) you've practically won.

But what is the advantage of getting your pieces onto the sides? They are easily contained, and just annoying.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home