Monday, July 03, 2006

What I Hate Most About Policemen

I do not like the police. Anybody who goes into a profession whose chief business is telling people what to do and being completely humorless and awful about it is someone I hate. I recognize that on some level police are necessary of course, but at the same time I think most of the jobs they do could be done with booby traps or Sherlock Holmes.

Police also suffer from shady motivations. It is very clear what the pickpocket wants, or even Jack the Ripper (Answer: psychosexual gratification). It is not clear what policemen want. Money, praise from their superiors, praise from God, psychosexual gratification, nothing? It could be any of these.

But what I hate most about the police is their name for police dogs: K-9 units. That is a Dr. Who joke. Fascist organizations telling jokes makes me shiver. You know they're not doing it because it's funny. (A it's not and B big organizations don't think anything is funny) They are doing it to make the police seem nice and silly. These are the people who would lean you over the hood of your car and beat you up if they thought they could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home