Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Am Being *Timely*

I wasn't paying attention back when JonBenet Ramsey died in the first place. I think I was only 11 back then. All I remember thinking was that she had a stupid name. I certainly can't remember whether anyone else thought so. I'm sure they did, but were they hiding their dislike in their grief? Or were they sneering outright?

I don't think of JonBenet Ramsey that way any more. It's bad for the spirit to be so cynical. I think it helps to consider her a tiny messiah who came to Earth to save us all from sin but was cut down by the forces of Hell. You should try to think of annoying people in your life as saviors. Then you can either embrace them, which makes you feel saintly and forgiving, or continue to avoid them. If you hate them you get to consider yourself an iconoclast. If you are a damned heathen, you are definitely doing better than somebody who is bothered by a long dead girl.

I have a JonBenet question though, for all of you little girl watchers out there. How do you pronounce her name? Is it like John or like Zhawn? The temptation to do the second one is pretty strong. All the newsreaders do it. But I'm not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home