Tuesday, January 16, 2007

King Day

I forgot to wish you a happy holiday. I don't have many opinions on Martin Luther King Day, and even fewer that I'm sure won't get me into trouble. You never know.

Anyhow, I'm glad it's a holiday (more holidays please) and I wish that we didn't call him "Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr." He wasn't an M.D., so the "Dr." is inappropriate; I don't like to use people's middle names frequently; and his father is both dead and not famous, so the Jr. is unnecessary. I call him Martin King, and I think you should too.

Actually, I'm not sure that won't get me into trouble. Uh oh.

Uh oh. Did I mention that I'm in favor of racial harmony?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in favor of eating a cake in the shape of his face. Or maybe a cake with a mini MK buried deep inside and whoever finds it gets to make their own "I have a dream" speech!
love,
Madame Claire Maureen Noonan, esq

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home