Friday, June 27, 2008

Not Chili's. The Other One

Our correspondents recently reminded us of the existence of Chi-Chi's, a Mexicanesque restaurant chain that went out of business after a hepatitis outbreak struck in a Western Pennsylvania location. I was on the scene in Youngstown, Ohio at the time. I personally witnessed the events third-hand, and the tragic nature of the poisoning was greatly overstated. Better is Death than Life in Monaca, PA.

Although the tainted green onions were not Chi-Chi's fault, there was an immense backlash against that terrible restaurant, and it went under, an occurrence that was unfair yet ultimately just.

Flash forward to the past, when some delightful person set up a blog of Creepy Abandoned Chi-Chi's. It has the laser focus my blog lacks, and those Chi-Chi's are real creepy. I am tickled by this photo, which is especially macabre in retrospect:



Read the whole thing. The author is a lady after my own heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home