Sunday, May 28, 2006

Postsecret.com

I know this is a cultural phenomenon. I am imagining that it is really popular among the people who own glass angels and say "thank you so much."

First of all a lot of those aren't secrets. I count at least 8 this week that are not secrets. This man receives thousands of submissions a week and he chooses the ones that are more like vague aphorisms. "We could have saved/each other." is not a secret. It is what a glass angel person would write as the last line of her novel.

Second, this guy needs to stop running the postcards that have clearly had lines flake off in the postal system. None like that this week (I hope) but you have seen them I am sure. Is he trying to make a point? Did those postcards come with a hundred dollar bill taped to them for preferential treatment? Why would you run a clearly nonsensical postcard? I *really* hope he is not trying to make some fortune cookie point about mankind.

"I secretly love/hate my close friend/relative/self and it {doesn't} upset{s} me."

I just saved you precious minutes each week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home