Monday, August 28, 2006

Commercials

I had an unsettling experience today. I was watching Star Wars 5: Episode: 2: Attack of the: Clones today, which is now the worst movie I have ever seen. It was on network TV of course, so there were a lot of ads. And all the ads seemed familiar. Some of them were very familiar, of course, like that Chrysler ad with the German guy. But all of them were at least a little familiar. There was no ad I could confidently watch and think "I have never seen this ad before. I am watching a new ad." I think it's the same way with the comic strips in the newspaper.

When you notice that about your experience, things start to get pretty archetypal. I forgot most of these ads the minute I saw them, so I can't give you a good insight into what the everyad is like, but I can tell you one thing. In the everyad, everybody laughs with his mouth open. Bugs the hell out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home