Friday, August 25, 2006

Corporate Responsibility

Not only does Coca-Cola make a product capable of spilling into a keyboard (I would really prefer a more viscous drink next time) but their contests have been getting awfully lame. You open a bottle of Coca-Cola which confidently tells you you may win important prizes. It used to be that under the cap was "You Win $100" or something like that. That's satisfying. That's how winning money ought to be. You just turn a cap upside down and oh my god. I won twenty dollars once that way, and let me tell you, it was a delight.

They don't do that any more. Now you have to turn the cap upside down and find a code and enter it at the Coca-Cola website. If you think I am going to that website before I even know what I'm supposed to have won, think again. I don't know what happens when you enter the code. Probably you don't even win anything. I guess Coca-Cola developed this contest format to be able to say,"we're having a contest! Buy this!" but without the risk of anyone trying to collect. It's disgraceful. Nobody loves a corporate lottery more than me, but this is not the way to do it. You are antagonizing your most loyal fan here, Coca-Cola Corporation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home