Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I Have an Ophthamology Question

My contact lens was hurting today, like it had suddenly started being made out of eyelashes or eye surgery. This happens because I wear the same contact lenses, day and night for months at a time and well after a while they just turn into hurty eye things.

So I took out that lens the right one in case you were wondering, and now I have a question. If you are very myopic, do you have any depth perception with only one contact lens in? I can't tell for sure. It's disorienting enough to see fuzz out of one eye. Is there some easy test for binocular depth perception?

Conceptually I bet it could go either way. I can see objects with both eyes -- they impinge on my visual field -- but I can't tell that the more distant ones are discrete objects. And considering that the light from them is distorted in one eye, how could I use them as a reference for determining depth?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home